
Why is it that when we don't know what to say to a person, we always talk about the weather? It seems like the universal thing to do. The other day I found myself in an elevator with Lavell Edwards. Just him and me. I had to say something to him. This was probably the only time I would ever say anything to him, ever, so what do I say? "It's been really warm these days, especially for this time of year." Lame! But over and over again, if I don't know what to say to others or others don't know what to say to me, the subject of weather always comes up. It's no fail topic. Why? Is it because no one in this world controls it so there will be no conflicting issues and therefore no offenses given or feelings hurt? Is it because it is the first thing we can find that we have in common? It's not an interesting topic of conversation that's for sure. I am done chit chatting about it. No more weather conversations for me. "It's so cold!" Of course the other person knows it's cold. They're standing right there feeling the same thing! From now on if I don't know what to say to anyone, there's just going to be some awkward silence and 5 minutes of uninterrupted eye contact. And if someone brings up the topic out of lack of anything else to say, I'm simply going to respond, "Global warming is a governmental scam."
2 comments:
first let me say, GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT A GOVERNMENTAL SCAM!!!
and next. LAVELL EDWARDS!! couldn't you have said, "how about those cougars?" or "how's retirement?" ha ha. you could have said, you know, I wasn't even born when you were coaching here. HA HA! :0)
or, "Hey, you and Bo Schembechler...best buds, right?" By the way, you are in happy Valley, the response to your governmental scam comment will be: "yes, I think so too"
Post a Comment